Sunday, January 07, 2007

Everything In Transit

Those are the words scrawled under my keyboard.

I have taken to writing on my desk as a way to remember things. Actually writing with pencil on the wood. It started off that I would only wright on the side. The right hand side, next to some old concert tickets. But now there are words everywhere. Little notes and lists and reminders of stuff that I have to do or remember and have no hope of doing or remembering without.

Everything In Transit is the name of the album I was listening to while walking the dog yesterday but the meaning of writing it down was a reminder of how to deal with a certain thing. I wrote it under my keyboard for fun, so that next time I used my computer I was read it and be like, "Yeah, everything is in transit."

You guys should try it.

I tried trying to try avoiding a due hangover and it actually kinda worked. In the past few years I have sharpened my abilities to drink a pint of water in a few seconds. The skill is handy for nothing except forcing fluids into your body. I woke up with only a small headache but my jeans were still very beer-smelling and I had a packet of Cadburys turkish delight by my bed, which I am now eating. Yum, right?

I'm also trying another thing. I'm trying to find a time at which me and two of my friends can give blood tomorrow. It's easier said than done. And I don't want to miss another blood party. Last time I missed one I received letters and phonecalls politely reminding me that they are taking blood at the Jarvis Hotel next week. One phone call person even said "I'm just calling to confirm that." As if I'd blooked myself in.

I'm telling you, once you give blood, you never stop giving. And that's not a metaphore.

Stupid common blood type...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home