Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In The Wrestling Match. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Last night I watched Man On The Moon again.

Man, that film can really make me cry if it wants to. And it's not even that sad. The thing about Andy Kaufman is that he's probably one of the worst idols and heroes you could ever have. Yet he's my idol and hero.

For a while, I was one of the few who was niave enough to think that Andy Kaufman was probably still alive. He was obsessed with faking his own death. It wasn't a surprise that when a 35 year old non-smoking, healthy man contracted lung cancer that no one believed him.

It was either bad luck or a bigger stunt than most people realise. Not to make people think that he's dead, but to make people think he was alive, even after being dead for 23 years.

Anyway, here's some Youtube Kaufman goodness.

1 Comments:

Blogger teigan said...

I had never actually seen Kaufman before I watched that clip just now, although I had heard of him

It was disturbing and great!!

If you bring a copy of the movie when you come to Melbourne, I will watch it with you

My DVD player is multi-regional now

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home