Thursday, January 18, 2007

Don't Be Silly

Checking my e-mail earlier I noticed an advert against smoking in case accidents happen. It looked a little summit like this.



No there are so many things wrong with this. To start with, the whole conversationg is just weird. If anyone really talks like this then they are a rare breed. The intent of the ad is very vague, anything could have caused that fire. He could have been doing anything really. And why on earth would he write out his panics on a messenger program let alone take the time to use little pictures. And why would he wait for... you know what? I'm not even going to continue.

But my main concern was that this advert was warning you against accidents. By definition, this fire happened accidentally and so the ad isn't warning you against anything you stand a chance against. Anyone who puts out a cigarette obviously thinks that they've put it out properly. It's like warning someone that they could fall over at any moment and there's nothing they can do about it.

I have submitted my own version of the advert to the people who made it in the first place. I eagerly await their reply. What do you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger teigan said...

I think Mikey reminds me of Cronin

10:16 AM  
Blogger Hamish said...

How come?

11:08 AM  
Blogger teigan said...

"Mikey: I just shot someone. lol!

John B: Dude, don't you know how illegal that is?

Mikey: no

Mikey: lol"

This is what almost all my conversations with Steve are like

5:43 AM  
Blogger teigan said...

Not really

But I can just see us having this precise exchange

5:46 AM  
Blogger Althea said...

Made me think of this article:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1562978,00.html

6:23 AM  
Blogger Althea said...

Not sure that worked.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home