Saturday, August 18, 2007

Apocalypse Now (relatively)

The star that I pseudo-bought went supernova today.


Or more accurately, it went supernova close to ten million years ago.

Turns out the star was actually some sort of "gaseus super-planet" and collapsed under its own awesomeness has more than likely become a visciously destructive black hole by now. I can only apologise to galaxy NGC 7742 and the Pegasus constellation.

In a way I'm glad that it's dead. I couldn't really claim ownership of it in the first place but it would have sucked more if there had been intelligent life there. They might have been angry.

Apparently it ran out of fuel in its core and something happened to the hydrogen. Haha, silly planets.

3 Comments:

Blogger teigan said...

It's not your fault, man.

Did you get your pseudo-money back?

12:39 AM  
Blogger Hamish said...

Nah, neither of us to know that the planet no longer existed. Nor had it for several millenia.

There's plenty more though. I might replace it.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Chris Titan said...

In a way I'm glad that it's dead.

I appreciate your glib star hate...

or maybe I am projecting. Filling space with lifeless void reminds me of flying over the desert space that fills most of California. Everyone is all piled up on top of water.

Let me live in the wastes...sucking my sustence from the vacuum void...

The stars can...smug bastards!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home