Thursday, October 26, 2006

Penguins

The best part of having a blog is having no one comment on it.

Seriously world, keep it up.

I went to the zoo two days ago! If you like animals, I highly recommend it. I went with my girlfriend who broke her foot last time she went so I insisted on seeing it all.

I was still undecided about the ethics of zoos before I went. In a way I guess I thought that a good zoo is like the utopia that humans could only dream of. Complete with no threats, diseases or famines. These zoo animals even have their own gods in the form of zoo-workers. You can't say that about anywhere else in the world.

And sure, most of the animals are happy with it but you can never give a white tiger enough space. You could seeing the grass worn away in the grass where the cheetah walked up and down in a line all day. Those big cats, you can see their bordom. So I freed them! You probably saw it on the news.

Giraffes bloody love it. Snakes can't believe their luck and the monkeys had a pretty sweet set up. Chimpanzees are disgusting by the way, even dogs are cleaner than those "intelligent mammals". Whatever, there's some pretty cute animals in the world.

So all in all, I'm undecided. But ethics aside, it was fun. I think you appreciate Zoos more when you're older. When you're a kid you're just excitied to be looking at something through a pane of glass, but when you're older you can be boring enough to enjoy looking at an animal. If you're lucky, you'll know something about the animal and you can tell you person you're with and they'll think you're clever.

BY THE WAY!

I'm pretty happy about being described as a "host" instead of a "blogger." That's way cool.

ALSO!

Why is it only now that I'm starting to dig My Chemical Romance? I guess it was because it took me this long to embrace that annoying theatrical stuff they do. And I was very impressed that they could get a gothic punk emo like song to number 1 in the charts. It'll never beat that really wicked song though. I think it was called Ghost Of You. Whatever.

7 Comments:

Blogger deadsoybean said...

The zoo; ick. Animals scare me. So does My Chemical Romance.

11:46 PM  
Blogger deadsoybean said...

Oops. You didn't want comments. Sorry!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Hamish said...

It's okay, I love them really.

Not sure why I started talking about chemical romance.

You should open your heart to some love, Awad. You hate everything. Animals, Bands, Clear plastic sewer pipes.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Steve Cronin said...

I'm going through the non-comment phase as well.

I thought at least Shelly would pop in :(

Oh snap I owe her an e-mail.

Oh snap I also know someone who owes me one!

SC

4:34 PM  
Blogger teigan said...

>If you like animals, I highly recommend it.

Some would argue that if you like animals you should boycott the zoo.

Sorry about the comments. Your posts were all getting too long, see

It's all your fault.

4:32 PM  
Blogger teigan said...

>Some would argue that if you like animals you
>should boycott the zoo.

Okay, you kind of addressed that. That's what I get for commenting before I read the whole post.

Actually, that's what you get for writing such long posts!

Told.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Hamish said...

They're not long.

If it helps, copy the text and put it into a word processer, you'll see they are regular length.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home