Friday, October 27, 2006

The day in fragments

I downloaded Firefox 2 today. Everyone says it's awesome but am I the only one who thinks all browsers are much the same?

I was going to record spam e-mails as spoken word performances but I decided to buy my father a birthday present instead.

I found a wicked cool Zen garden which was in the shape of the yin yang. One half was sand, other half was rocks. My girlfriend raked the sand well but then unfortunately tried to rake the rocks too.

I found what may be the most boring documentary ever. It's called BBS: The Documentary. I am unfairly pre-judging it because I haven't seen it yet. But y'know... I really can't be bothered. Even if Wired Magazine decribed it as "Surprisingly Engrossing".

I have been feeling like everyone is talking about me when they actually aren't. I'm not sure whether it's narcissism or paranoia.

I am staying in tonight because I never stay in on a Friday.

South Park creaters Trey Parker and Matt Stone thought it would be cool to put Steve Irwin in one of their cartoons. Fair enough, but critics didn't like the idea of him being portrayed quite like this.

The all time mystery/scam/mystery site Hell.com is being sold. If anyone has ever been on the site, that's enough to make you want to own it. It is predicted that it will sell for over one million dollars.

I usually have three cups of coffe in one day, but I replaced my second with a cup of lemsip because my throat hurt.

It hurt because I was trying to sing songs by I Am The Avalanche, whos singer appears to have a higher vocal range than me.

Billy Talent are having an awesome tour where they are being supported by Anti-Flag and Rise Against. I want to go but those dudes aren't coming anywhere near my country.

Professor Costas Efthimiou thinks it is worthwhile to scientifically disprove the existance of ghosts, vampires, werewolves and other such cyrptids. Apparently his attempt is newsworhty because of "American gullibility for the supernatural."

Im local news, a pub is reopening... Our local headlines are quaint. There is one page which shows all the headlines. I hope you don't mind if I quote two of my favourite:
  • Foot-and-mouth disease alert
    27 October 2006 09:31
  • Foot-and-mouth ruled out
    27 October 2006 11:42
The EDP are always on the ball. Close call though.

This was on Digg as the worst idea ever. I half agree, but much of me finds it endearing.

That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hamish said...

Jason - I'm on it!

Hope I didn't offend you. My blog portrays way more cynicism that I actually have.

2:43 PM  
Blogger teigan said...

Man, that's you told.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Mishuki said...

> I'm not sure whether it's narcissism or paranoia.

Paranoia is a form of narcissism.

> Professor Costas Efthimiou thinks it is worthwhile
> to scientifically disprove the existance of ghosts,
> vampires, werewolves and other such cyrptids.

He is a fool. You cannot do that! How can you do it? You could conceivably prove such things *do* exist. How can you possibly ever prove they don't? They might be hiding. They might be cleverer than you, Dr EfthghthIAmAFool

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home